Below is a list of questions that our customers commonly ask. If your question isn’t here, please feel free to contact us.
1. What is royalty-free music?
Royalty-free music is a modern term representing a simple music licensing model. In general, royalty free means that after paying an initial, one-time fee, you get the right to use the music as many times as you wish, in as many of your productions as you need, for as long as you want, in almost any type of audio/visual production. You DON’T have to pay any further royalties, and there is NO periodical, per-use or per-project fee.
There are a number of royalty-free licenses. Some of them may include more rights and cover more use-cases than others. However, all of them usually follow the basic principles described above (a one-time fee, the ability to use the track as much as you like).
2. How can I use your music? What’s covered?
You can use our music in almost any type of audio/visual production, including video/film productions, websites, multimedia, commercials and other advertising, television, radio, broadcasting, podcasts, trade shows/presentations, flash animations, slide shows, games, software, theatrical releases, telephone on-hold messages, audio books and many other commercial and non-commercial productions.
We offer simple music usages that cover all of the uses described above and which differ in scope, say by the number of copies that can be distributed, the broadcast level (national or worldwide), etc.
3. Are there restrictions on using the music?
- Sell, trade in, give away or distribute the music itself.
- Use/include the tracks in music compilations, like music compilation CDs/DVDs, where the tracks are stand-alone elements.
- Create/produce new musical works (musical compositions, songs) based on our music. For example, if you are a signer, you may not sing over the music and sell or distribute the song.
4. Can I download free demos to try in my productions before buying?
Yes. We understand that to create something, you need to see and understand whether all the elements fit into your creative vision. You can download absolutely FREE demos of every single track on our website. You can download any preview track by clicking the download button on music/item page.
The free demos are lower quality versions of the audio files you get after purchasing. You can try the demos in your project and, if the tracks are what you’re looking for, you can just update them with the full-quality audio files.
Please note: These demos are for demo/evaluation purposes only (to try it, to show your clients, etc.) and cannot be used in any real productions.
5. Will I get a music document once I purchase a track?
Absolutely. We know how important it is to be safe when you’re using copyrighted material. Third-parties releasing or distributing your productions may want to verify that you have a valid music document and that you have been authorized to use the music.
So, you get a real, official, music document (a PDF certificate) that confirms your right to use the track in accordance with the usage.
6. What formats are the master audio files delivered in?
All audio files are provided MP3 (44,100 Hz, 320 kbps, Stereo) formats.
7. How soon do I receive the music?
Immediately after payment.
8. How do I purchase from your website?
You can license a music track by clicking the Buy Now button once you clicked it the music item is added in your cart you can purchase more by doing the same method again and once you’re happy with your music selection you go to your cart from where you can add your details and information about payment.
Don’t know which music license to select? please read more at Prices / License page.
After your payment has been processed (usually within seconds), you’ll see a confirmation page containing your order details and download link. The download link will never expire.. In addition, you’ll receive a confirmation email with your order details and download link.
9. Where is the download link?
You can access your download link in several ways:
- Immediately after payment. As soon as your payment has been processed, you’ll see a download page so that you can start downloading your track immediately.
- In your purchase confirmation email. As soon as your payment has been processed, you’ll also receive a confirmation email with your order details and download link. Please check your Spam or Junk mail folders, as it may have landed there.
10. Can I upgrade from one usage to another?
Sure. It’s easy: Just purchase the track again with an upgrade license.
11. Do I have to credit the Awwkwards in my projects if I use your music?
You are not required to include Awwkwards in your projects, although it is good practice to do so. If you decide to credit the Awwkwards, you may find appropriate credit information in your music document. When crediting, you should generally use the Awwkwards name.
12. I used your music in my video and got a copyright claim on YouTube. Why?
You are not doing anything wrong and using our music is 100% legal. Videos may still get copyright claims, and you may receive copyright notices even if you have purchased a music track or gotten permission directly from Awwkwards. Just submit the License file to Youtube and that’s all.
13. Does the music I buy belong to me?
No. You do not actually own the music. The copyright to the music remains the property of the composer. Purchasing a license only allows you to use the music for your projects and purposes in accordance with the license agreement.
14. Can I purchase music from your site, sing my song over it and distribute my album?
No, you cannot. This is not allowed. We are a production music library. Our music is available to license for synchronization in media productions (websites, videos, DVDs, TV broadcasts, films, games, etc.) as background music. You cannot sing over the music track or add an instrument and market the results as your own music or as your song, even if the original track has been transformed or edited or if you add other instruments or vocals to the music. This called a “Derivative Work” and is not allowed. Awwkwards always owns the copyright of the music composition and recording.
15. Is it safe to make a purchase on your website?
Absolutely. Our servers employ 2048-bit SSL certificates, meaning all of your information is securely handled.
16. What payment methods does 2Checkout offer to Awwkwards customers?
We use 2Checkout as our Payment gateway/Merchant account, so here’s the recent updated list of all payment methods by 2Checkout.
- American Express
- PIN debit cards with the Visa or MasterCard logo
- Debit cards with the Visa or MasterCard logo
Some of these options are only available in select currencies.